Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dictatorship of the Highest Kind

"And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter's hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do. Then the word of YHVH came to me: 'Oh house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares YHVH. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. ' "Jeremiah 18: 4-6

Yes I think he can. He's YHVH. The Creator. We are the created. Jeremiah spoke specifically to these people at that time, but I'm sure that YHVH is the same today as He was back then. He gets to have all the control. He gets it because He's YHVH....HE'S YHVH....YHVH. Please understand this. He gets to do what He wants. It's His clay. If you read the passages following this passage, you'll see that He can take a nation or kingdom and change His plans for them. His plans to prosper that nation/kingdom can change, IF it does evil in His sight. From verse 10, "and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it."
There it is. He is King. Kings get to do what they want. The potter gets to make what He wants. It's not a democracy, it's a dictatorship. He gets all the power. Does this upset you? It shouldn't. If it does, then get to know your King.
Or maybe start listening to what He want's from you.

1 comment:

  1. Truth hurts sometimes...it's not comfortable. The more I've dug into the Torah and see the grace and mercy and beautiful character of YHVH, the more I want to know Him and please Him. Despite the struggle within to please the flesh, this IS my desire. I look forward to the day when I can look back and see that I've overcome laziness!!! lol

    ReplyDelete