Thursday, December 23, 2010

Messianic Support Group

I am saddened by a recent event. While this event was expected, the force of the chilling blow from the event was unexpected. In this walk, usually referred to as a Messianic walk, I'm sure that I could start a "I'm keeping God's Feasts and my family thinks I'm nuts" support group. Of course one could insert "...and my family thinks I'm in a cult...or legalistic...or a little to religious...or totally misguided. The meetings would open like this..."Hello, my name is Sharon....I am messianic...I have been following the God appointed times for 9-10 years. I am working on step 4 of the program, which is communicating my convictions to my family about traditional Christian holidays (IE. Christmas)...my husband and I decided that we would not longer attend the family Christmas dinner on the 25th...we had been attending this dinner in recent years to accomodate the feelings of several family members...we felt lead to stop that...accomodating thing...well I guess we didn't fair so well...with my family that is...this is a hard step to work through...help me Father to change the things I can change, accept the things I cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference. That's all I have to say for now. I am claiming a kingdom reward on this one, because causing grief for those close to you is not a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. Be strengthened dear one! Shalom to you and your household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been through this too!
    Shalom to you and your family!
    Moira

    ReplyDelete