Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our Showbread

I love learning more about Yeshua in the scriptures, especially when He said that He filled it full of meaning about Him. "Do not think I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17-19.
I read yesterday about the Show Bread in Exodus 25. These are the 12 pieces of bread, one for each tribe, called "the Bread of the Presence" that were kept on a special table facing the Golden Lampstand. I learned from Rimona Frank at Hebrew Insights that the literal translation of the Bread of the Presence would be the bread of the "face". As well, she points out that the same root word that is in an earlier chapter of Exodus, is also face (Chapter 23: 15-17). In verse 15, we are commanded "not to appear before me (YHVH) empty-handed". The word "me" is MY FACE. Verse 15 could be literally translated as "not to appear before MY FACE empty-handed". These feasts, where the people are not to appear empty-handed, are all related to some sort of food; the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the feast of Harvest (First Fruits) and also the fall Feast of Ingathering.

(Hopefully, I'm going to try to connect the dots here, so that I can share what I learned)

In our study yesterday we talked about the images of bread in the scriptures, especially pertaining to Yeshua. He called himself the Bread of Life.
Yeshua is the bread of life. It is by His presence in our lives that we are able to appear before the Father. It is by His presence in our lives, that we are able to appear before the Father's face. We don't come empty-handed because we have in our possession the bread of the Presence, the bread of the FACE, who is Yeshua. Every tribe (a complete number) has a piece so that when they are required to come before Him they have a piece of this bread.
YHVH supplied our bread for us, so that when we appear before Him we are not empty-handed as He commanded us. We can stand before the HOLY of HOLY's with our BREAD of LIFE (YESHUA). Because of this bread I/WE can come before His FACE.

Isn't this amazing. I love my Father who instructs me...who keeps His word...who has given me bread to eat and I hunger no more. I have eaten the BREAD of THE FACE. Who is in me? The SHOW BREAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment