Monday, July 19, 2010

Assumptions That Affect Our Lives

I'm reading a great book titled Assumptions That Affect Our Lives by Christian Overman. I'm taken with how far away we've travelled from our King's kingdom. Lured by others, by the sweet word that rots the bones. I was once asked what I thought rebellion was. Listening and accepting anything other that what our King has said. Entrapped by the beauty of lifeless words, our disloyal hearts can be so easily swayed into hypnotic death. Unearth my loyalty from the grave, and return my heart to the King. Direct me home; in 'the way' I should go. I do not want to patronize the assumptions that have affected my life. I want to go home. I want to stay home. Thanks for the small gifts of big books. When a boat goes off course only 2 miles from it's departure port, it's easy to correct the co-ordinates and re-direct the course. After 2000 miles of travelling toward the misplaced mark, the boat has travelled too far off course to recognize the surroundings. It is lost. It's best to go back and start over. Back to the beginning, back home to where we started.

No comments:

Post a Comment